Creating healthier communities that promote human dignity and joy is at the heart of designing for equitable futures. Building social equity and advocating for environmental sustainability means considering whole systems, cultures, and communities. This on-demand seminar will explore where and how public health meets health care, climate, and housing. Speakers will present global and local projects that serve diverse communities and explore community health elements that advance social impact, sustainability, and resilience.
Austin Energy Green Building team members host the sessions and provide insight and experience on sustainable building practices.
• Address systemic challenges in communities.
• Identify architecture that promotes justice and human dignity.
• Apply public health principles in building designs that can prevent chronic disease in communities.
• Use strategies to design multifamily facilities for the health and well-being of residents.
The entire course takes about two hours to complete. You can start and stop as needed throughout the course.
• Course welcome and materials
• Seminar video recorded October 26th, 2023
• Quiz - 15 questions
• AEGB on-demand learning end-of-course survey
• Katie Swenson, Senior Principal, MASS Design Group
• Anna Lake-Smith, Senior Design Manager, Foundation Communities
• Jon Hagar, Principal & Director of Affordable Housing, Forge Craft Architecture + Design
Continuing Education Credits:
• This seminar is approved for 1.5 AIA Learning Units (HSW/LUs) and 1.5 GBCI CEUs.
• Certificates will be sent to your registered email after successfully passing the quiz and completing the
entire course. You can also find your certificates in the “My Certificates” under the profile menu.
• AIA Learning Units are reported by AEGB staff if you provided your AIA number when setting up your profile.
• If you are taking this course to meet a measure for an AEGB rating, please email the certificate to your AEGB representative.
Any questions regarding CE credits can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.