Successful affordable housing requires creative design principles, community collaboration, and integrated programs such as Affordability Unlocked, Shared Solar, plus missing middle housing typology. In this seminar, we will look at three different affordable housing developments in Austin that are achieving ambitious goals in sustainability while providing much-needed affordable housing in our community. Project teams will share their keys to success and lessons learned.
Austin Energy Green Building team members host the sessions and provide insight and experience on sustainable building practices.
• Understand how to apply the City's Affordability Unlocked program to support affordable housing development.
• Understand the prioritization of sustainability features in a successful affordable housing project.
• Learn how Shared Solar can make including solar energy for residents in an affordable housing project easier and more cost-effective.
• Learn about various architectural designs and sustainable features integrated into three affordable housing examples.
The entire course takes about two hours to complete. You can start and stop as needed throughout the course.
• Course welcome and materials
• Seminar video recorded March 21st, 2023
• Quiz - 15 questions
• AEGB on-demand learning end-of-course survey
• Jason Haskins, AIA, NRCARB, LEED AP BE+C, hatch+ulland owen architects
• Claire Walpole, AIA, LEED AP, Staff Architect, Austin Habitat for Humanity
• Ken Johnson, LEED AP, Partner, Michael Hsu Office of Architecture
• Matt Beaton, AIA, Associate, Nelsen Partners
Continuing Education Credits:
• This seminar is approved for 1.5 AIA Learning Units (HSW/LUs)
• Certificates will be sent to your registered email after successfully passing the quiz and completing the
entire course. You can also find your certificates in the “My Certificates” under the profile menu.
• AIA Learning Units are reported by AEGB staff if you provided your AIA number when setting up your profile.
• If you are taking this course to meet a measure for an AEGB rating, please email the certificate to your AEGB representative.
Any questions regarding CE credits can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.